Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Walking!

(This post is a little old, I wrote it a little over a month ago, but must have forgotten to post it!)

So I officially have a toddler on my hands. It is hard to believe that just a year ago Alexa could barely hold her head up, and now she is toddling all over the place. My little girl is growing up! She took her first steps on April 16, two weeks after her first birthday. The steps were unassisted, but Mark and I were sitting right there encouraging her. Over the next few weeks, she started to get a little bolder, would walk like 4-8 steps at a time and then get down and crawl. This past week though, she is a walker! Now when she falls, she stands back up and keeps walking... it is pretty neat to see her persistence in continuing to try even after she falls. She has a hard time outside because of the uneven ground and different textures, but she sure tries! I love seeing her walk, although walking has sure brought out Alexa's independent streak. She has had a mind of her own for months now, but now that she is aware she can go where she wants... there is no stopping her! She is a brave little girl and has no fear of getting hurt. I love that she is willing to try new things, but I do worry she may hurt herself... I guess I just have to keep a close eye on her!

Here are a few pics of Alexa walking!





No comments: