Saturday, July 11, 2009

Independence day for my independent girl!






I love the 4th of July- it has always been one of my favorite holidays. So many happy memories from that day: watching fireworks sitting in a dental chair at Dr. Steury's office, going to the AHS stadium with friends, holding hands with Mark at the St. Simons pier (knowing I was going to marry him), and watching Alexa, at three months old, seeing the colors in the sky and the hot air balloons light up at the Balloon Glow. It is a special day for me... this year, Mark's family was all in town from North Carolina, so we had a very busy weekend for the fourth. On the actual 4th, we had a cookout for a cousin's birthday during the day and got together with friends on the beach for fireworks. We were able to see about 7 cities fireworks displays from where were sitting, plus people had their own fireworks they were lighting on the beach all around us. Since Alexa has a pretty set bedtime, she was a little cranky and tired, but we still had a great time. She was scared of the sand and wanted us to hold her the entire time--

She had a great time taking fun pictures with daddy





So we now have a new memory to add to my favorites for this holiday-- walking on the beach at night, holding hands with my husband, holding my amazing little girl, listening to her laugh as we watched the fireworks in the distance... a perfect day.

No comments: